- High Country Chorus formed in late 1975 when two area choruses (Triple C and Centennial) and part of a third chorus (Jefferson Hills, now Colorado Spirit) merged.
- Directors Sylvia Alsbury and Julie Haller led the chorus to fourth place in International Competition in Los Angeles in 1978. We went on to win first place at International in Atlanta in 1980.
- High Country won third place in Kansas City in 1983 and third place in Detroit in 1985 under the direction of Julie Haller.
- Sharon Babb joined Julie as co-director in 1986 and together they led High Country to our second International first place win in Hawaii in 1987.
- Vicki Uhr became the director of High Country in 1991, leading us to a first place medal at the 1997 Region 8 Competition before retiring in 1997. Vickie further distinguished the chorus when she wrote the music “How We Sang Today“, which was later selected by Sweet Adelines International to become a standard piece in chorus repertoires.
- With Bobby Gray, Jr., as our director in 1998, competed at International in Nashville.
- In 2002 High Country took first place in Division AA, Mid-size Chorus for Region 8 also with Bobby Gray, Jr. as our director.
- Jacque Reinig and Sherry Feller took over as Director and Associate Director in May 2002. Under Jacque’s direction, since 2003 we have placed first in the mid-size chorus division for eight years. We consistently placed third overall and, in 2006, placed second in Region 8 competition.
- In 2004 we placed first in AA and third overall.
- In 2005 we placed first in AA and third overall.
- In 2006 we placed first in AA and second overall.
- In July 2006 we competed in the Division AA Sweet Adelines International Education Symposium (IES) and were third place medalists!
- In 2007 we placed first in AA and second overall.
- In July 2008 we again placed second in Region 8. We then went on to compete in the Division AA Sweet Adelines IES and were 5th place winners.
- In 2009 we placed first in AA and second overall.
- In 2010 we placed first in AA and third overall.
- In 2011 we placed second in AA and fourth overall.
- In 2013 we placed first in AA and second overall.
- In 2014 we competed in the new category of Open Division and won audience favorite.
- In 2015 we placed first in AA.
- 1978: Fourth Place, Los Angeles
- 1980: First Place, Atlanta
- 1987: First Place, Honolulu
- 2006: Third Place, San Antonio, International Education Symposium
- 2008: Fifth Place, San Antonio, International Education Symposium